Saturday, March 1, 2008

A few thoughts to ponder (originally posted 2/14/08)

I want to encourage you today to spend some time in thoughtful response and communication with God. Instead of giving you a devotional to read I would like you to journal the answers to the following questions and then pray about your responses.


1. How would I recognize Jesus if He walked into the same room I was in?



2. What one activity do I spend more time doing than anything else?



3. When I close my eyes and and imagine walking into heaven, what do I see?



4. If there was a fire and I could only save one possession on my way out, what would it be?


5. What did I do today that made Jesus smile? What made him cry?


6. What am I most afraid of?


I know this seems like a random set of questions, and to a point it is. I encourage you to answer each one honestly, then pause and reflect on your answers. Invite Jesus to reveal himself and his will to you as you read.

No comments: