Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Hand Food

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The following is a list of Spiritual Confessions that you may find helpful in your prayer life . It is straight scripture. You can pick out about 20 or so and use them as a prayer. Read them out loud! Why use them as a prayer? Remember these simple facts

*
Gods word never returns void! Isaiah 55:10
*
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availed much James 5:16
*
Christ answered Satan using scripture Matt 4:1-11
*
Casting all your cares upon him for he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7
*
The tongue has the power of life and death, Prov 18:21 (GW)
*
God's word is living and active. It is sharper than any two-edged sword and cuts as deep... God's word judges a person's thoughts and intentions. Heb 4:12 (GW)

Now that is effective prayer!




1. I walk by faith and not by sight (II Corinthians 5:7).

2. I abide in Christ, He abides in me, and I bear much fruit (John 15:5).

3. I have the mind of Christ and I hold the thoughts and purposes of His heart (1 Corinthians 2:16).

4. I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).

5. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises up against me in judgment shall be condemned (Isaiah 54:17).

6. I love God with all my heart, soul, and mind (Mark 12:30).

7. I love my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:31).

8. I am faithful over a few things, and I will be made ruler over many (Matthew 25:23).

9. I submit to God, I resist the devil, and he must flee from me (James 4:7).

10. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

11. The Lord preserves my going out and my coming in from this time forth and forevermore (Psalm 121:8).

12. When I lie down, I will not be afraid, and my sleep shall be sweet (Proverbs 3:24).

13. I obtain the favor of the Lord (Proverbs 12:2).

14. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Psalm 23:6).

15. I am taught of God’s ways, and I walk in his paths (Isaiah 2:3).

16. I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16).

17. I desire the sincere milk of The Word that I may grow thereby (I Peter 2:2).

18. Faith, Hope, and Love (especially love) abide in me (I Corinthians 13:13).

19. I am the seed of Abraham, and just like him, God has counted me righteous (Genesis 15:6).

20. I am meek, and I inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5).

21. I seek first the Kingdom and God’s righteousness, and all things are added unto me (Matthew 6:33).

22. I am a true worshipper, one who worships in spirit and in truth (John 4:23).

23. I do not live off of bread alone but of every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (Deuteronomy 8:3).

24. I have been chosen by God to bring forth fruit that shall remain (John 15:16).

25. I am a brand new person inside, pure and holy, full of God’s goodness (II Corinthians 5:17; I Corinthians 1:30; II Corinthians 5:21).

26. My sins have been taken away, and I am forgiven. I am now chosen, adopted, and forgiven with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places (Ephesians 1:7; Ephesians 1:3).

27. I am free from sickness. I believe in my heart that Jesus’ wounds heal me. I can lay my hands on the sick, and they will recover (I Peter 2:24; Mark 16:18).

28. Whatever I ask for in prayer, I believe that I have received it (Mark 11:24).

29. I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and a holy nation. I am one of God’s own people (1 Peter 2:9).

30. I am not fearful because God has given me a spirit of power, love, and self-control (2 Timothy 1:7).

31. In Christ, I was chosen before the world was made. In His love, He chose me to be a holy person and without blame before Him (Ephesians 1:4).

32. In Christ Jesus, I have been made a new person that I may do the good works He has planned for me (Ephesians 2:10).

33. I, therefore, having been justified by faith, have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Roman5: 1).

34. I am dead to the power of sin and have been made alive with God through Christ Jesus (Romans 6:11).

35. I have redemption through His blood and the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace (Ephesians 1:7).

36. I am the light of the world. I am like a city on top of a hill that cannot be hidden (Matthew 5:14).

37. I shall not be afraid because the Lord is my light, my salvation, and the strength of my life (Psalm 27:1).

38. I am as bold as a lion because Jesus has made me the righteous of God (Proverbs 28:1).

39. My hope is in the Lord, and I will be blessed. I am like a tree planted by the waters. My roots are large and will find water, and I shall never cease to bear fruit (Jeremiah 17:7). (Psalm 1:3).

40. The Lord God gives me grace and glory. I will walk uprightly before Him, and He will withhold no good thing from me (Psalm 84:11).

41. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, and I will do the works that Jesus did (John 14:12).

42. Whatever I ask in the Name of Jesus, He will do it for me so that God may be glorified (John 14:12).

43. In Christ, I have become a child of God, and I receive the blessings God has for me ((John 1:2; Romans 16:17).

44. In Christ, God has chosen me as His own and made me strong. God has placed His mark on me. He has placed His Spirit in my heart as a guarantee for all He has promised (II Corinthians 1:22-21).

45. In Christ, God has given me victory, and He uses me to spread His knowledge everywhere (II Corinthians 1:14).

46. I am healed and delivered from sin because Christ was wounded for the wrong I did, He was crushed for the evil things I did; my punishment was given to Him, and I am healed because of His wounds (Isaiah 53:5-7; I Peter 2:24).

The Word of God that I have spoken today will not return to the Lord void, but will accomplish that which the Lord pleases in my life and it shall prosper within me (Isaiah 55:11).

Father, be it unto me according to your Word (Luke 1:38). In Jesus’ name, amen.



Thanks to Scott Couch for allowing me to share this on the CSZ Devotion page. Scott is a fine man of God with an insightful view of scripture and an amazing ability to relate spiritual truths. I am blessed to learn from him and I hope that you will share in this blessing through the above take on some of Scriptures promises.

No comments: